River Edge InTUNE
InTUNE (Integrated Treatment Understanding Needs and Emotions)
River Edge’s InTUNE services are specially designed for young adults, ages 16-30, who have started experiencing symptoms of psychosis within the previous 24 months:
- Hearing and seeing things others don’t
- Experiencing smells, tastes or touch sensations others don’t
- Beliefs or thoughts that seem strange to others or the young adult
- Difficulty with thinking, concentrating, or remembering
- Trouble speaking or expressing thoughts
- Disorganized, manic, or unpredictable behaviors
- Decreased reaction to one’s environment
- Lack of emotion, motivation, or energy
- Withdrawing from family or friends
Research shows early, proper treatment prevents years of accumulating disability.
InTUNE participants and their families work with a coordinated specialty care team for approximately two years. The care team includes the young adult and his/her family , a counselor, case manager, supported employment and supported education specialist, peer specialist, family support specialist, prescriber, and a nurse.
The team works together to find the best medication for the individual. The young adult will also learn about his/her symptoms and develop important self-care techniques. He or she will build on their strengths to identify individualized goals and move forward to success in school, work, and life.
InTUNE services are available to residents of Houston, Peach, Crawford, Macon-Bibb, Baldwin, Jones, Monroe, Putnam, Twiggs, and Wilkinson Counties. InTUNE is offered at two convenient Central Georgia locations:
River Edge: Macon-Bibb County
175 Emery Highway
Macon, Georgia 31217
River Edge: Houston County
281 Carl Vinson Parkway Suite D
Warner Robins, Georgia 31088