Family Support & Autism Services
River Edge administers Family Support Funds for the Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities. The goal of Family Support & Autism Services is to eliminate the need for out of home placement. River Edge helps individuals 3 years and older with significant intellectual or developmental disabilities and/or autism spectrum disorders continue to live with their families. Family Support funds are available to qualifying residents of Bibb, Jones, Monroe, and Twiggs Counties.
Family Support & Autism Services provide some funding to purchase individualized options unique to each individual and family. These can include:
- Respite care
- Supported employment
- Dental or medical costs not covered by insurance or Medicaid/Medicare
- Specialized equipment or adaptive devices
- Recreational and leisure activities
- Environmental or architectural modifications
- Therapeutic parent/family training
- Specialized medical supplies
- Exceptional disability related living costs
Note: Family Support & Autism Services are not crisis services.
Who is Eligible for Family Support & Autism Services through River Edge?
- Residents of Macon-Bibb, Jones, Monroe, and Twiggs Counties who are 3 and older with a significant developmental disability and/or autism spectrum disorder OR
- The family who lives with an individual with an intellectual or developmental disability or autism spectrum disorder
How to Apply for Family Support & Autism Services
Individuals or families interested in applying for Family Support & Autism Services should fill out an application and Family Supports Agreement. Download the family support application & agreement:
Mail, email, or fax the application and agreement to:
River Edge Behavioral Health
Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities Services
Attn: Family Support & Autism Services
175 Emery Highway
Macon, Georgia 31210
Please understand that, once the application is received, River Edge is required to submit it to the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities, Region 2, for approval. Typically, Region 2 issues approval within seven business days, and River Edge will notify you of the decision.