News & Press
A Thanksgiving Message from Our CEO
Thank you from River Edge!
In this season of Thanksgiving, we at River Edge Behavioral Health Center are thankful for you, our supporters and partners. Together, we have made life better. This year we have:
- Provided mental health or addiction recovery services or developmental disability supports to more than 15,000 individual residents of 70 Georgia counties.
- Provided a paycheck to 615 Georgians directly and created an additional 100 construction development jobs.
- Completed 20 state-of-the-art and green-friendly housing options for persons seeking recovery from mental illness and addictions.
Earned recognition from the U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA):
- As a national host site for Peer-to-Peer Learning to share our experience housing persons seeking recovery.
- As “outstanding and forward-thinking” in health information technology nationally, implementing an easy, user-friendly telemedicine platform and the first known social media site solely dedicated to persons in recovery: www.icarerecovery.org.
- Garnered, through private financing, more than $6.8 million in medications to support uninsured individuals’ behavioral health recovery.
- Earned three-year re-accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities International (CARF) including “exemplary” distinction in two areas: leadership and supported housing
Thank you for your support in 2013. Happy and healthy holidays from all of us at River Edge! We look forward to sharing an exciting 2014 with you, our partners and friends!
Shannon Terrell Harvey, LCSW
Chief Executive Officer
River Edge Behavioral Health Center