Requests / Media Policy
In keeping with our commitment to the communities we serve, River Edge offers a variety of free services/screenings for community-run events throughout the year. Due to the large volume of requests, we kindly ask that you fill out the form below. Requests will be evaluated and you will be contacted within two weeks regarding your request.
Please complete the form below for assistance with your Community Event.
River Edge welcomes media professionals to contact our Communications Office to arrange staff and client interviews and stories, to request background information and to visit our facilities accompanied by a River Edge Behavioral Health Center staff member.
Contact for Media Inquiries:
Kristen Soles, Director of Communications
Please complete the form below for assistance with your media request.
HIPAA Regulations, the Media and the Release of Client Information
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) federally mandated a change in client privacy standards across the nation. The act limited facilities' ability to release information about patients to the media and to the public. River Edge works with the media to provide accurate and timely information, while respecting the confidentiality of our clients' medical information and complying with HIPAA's privacy regulations.
River Edge follows the following policies when providing client information to the media:
- A member of the media must have a client's name in order to request a condition.
- A patient's condition will only be provided if that client has approved the release of information. No additional information beyond the condition will be provided about the patient.
- If the media does not ask for the client by name, no individual identifiable information about the client may be legally disclosed by a facility.
- The facility may not release any information about a client who dies at the hospital without the written authorization of next of kin.
For Media Visiting any River Edge Behavioral Health Center Location
- All media interviews or photography session with River Edge clients, physicians and staff must be coordinated through River Edge Community Affairs Department.
- All media that come to River Edge sites must first check in with the receptionist in the lobby of that building or the Executive Office of River Edge Headquarters.
- Members of the media should wear identification of their media affiliation when on campus of any River Edge facility.
- All media must be accompanied by a River Edge staff member when conducting interviews or taking photos on a River Edge campus.
- Media crews, reporters, videographers and photographers who enter any River Edge property without clearance will be stopped by security and asked to go to the lobby area until a member of the Communications Department can be contacted. This policy is in effect to secure the confidentiality of our clients.