River Edge Prevention Services:
River Edge Prevention Services uses data-driven strategies to build relationships to promote proactive, positive community action about health. Our interventions help community residents:
- Build community capacity & infrastructure to promote health, especially to delay underage drinking in targeted communities.
- Make wiser decisions & more positive lifestyle choices.
- Learn & practice skills needed to reduce alcohol, tobacco & other drug use or violence.
Evidence Based Practices within a Strategic Prevention Framework
River Edge Prevention Services bring to life the 6 research-supported substance abuse prevention strategies promoted by the Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration, Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (SAMHSA/CSAP):
- Accurate Information Sharing.
- Accurate Education.
- Creating Positive Community Alternatives.
- Substance Abuse Problem Identification & Referral.
- Community-based process to decrease risk of alcohol, tobacco or other drug use, to strengthen resilience.
- Work to increase protective & reduce risk factors in the environment.
Sample River Edge Prevention Activities:
APP funded by the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities
River Edge currently receives DBHDD funding to implement APP (Alcohol Prevention Project); a comprehensive, data-driven model to build capacity & infrastructure targeting the reduction & prevention of underage drinking by target area residents 9-20 years old. River Edge uses the SAMHSA/CSAP Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) model to promote the long-term sustainability of evidence-based substance use & abuse prevention.
Red Ribbon Week Support
River Edge Prevention Services supports Red Ribbon events in local schools each fall. The National Family Partnership began annual Red Ribbon Week Campaigns in 1985 to commemorate the death of DEA Agent Enrique “Kiki” Camarena & to raise awareness of the killing & destruction caused by drugs. Please visit http://redribbon.org/about for more information.